View Single Post
      01-11-2016, 11:14 AM   #60
sjeupie
Private
Rep
Drives: Tiefseeblau E89 Sdrive 23i wit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigendbob View Post
If the battery is disconnected and the boot lid dropped, what powers the two side locks to jam it shut?
Does it just latch slightly and can the boot just be lifted a few cm's.
Yes, it latches just slightly and the car did not perform it's electronical lock to tighten up the 1,5cm space. But it is enough to deny you access to the trunk.
As I said earlier, it should be possible to force the lid 5mm to the right and then 5mm to the left, to unhook the mechanical closure. IMO this would stress the hinges quite significantly and thus I prefer breaking the center compartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigendbob View Post
I think what you have to be careful with is how you disconnect the battery, not the lead but the whole connector block. Otherwise you are breaking the circuit to the engine jump points.
How do you mean 'the whole connector block'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyal8r View Post
For those who wonder. This is an old thread which the OP was able to solve . . Then sjeupie restarted it. He has no emergency latch and gave up until spring. Without battery power he can"t open the trunk to connect it. The underhood terminals won't do anything either.

I am still wondering if the electric brake and Park will release without battery power.

Update the manual shows how to release the P Park with a dead battery
Correct but not sure yet if the underhood terminals really won't do anything either. But I'm afraid not.
Appreciate 0