Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
What should we be driving instead? Here in the UK the BMW still rates as a good car. G20 brings the model back to the top of the pack, straight away.

Take the criticism of the F3x models, yes there has been the option in the UK of the Jaguar XE and Alfa Giulia, with slightly better driving dynamics, but do BMW drivers move across for the dynamics? No, not many at all. The BMW offers the total package, even enthusiasts want more than the focus on driving dynamics for daily use.

Doesn't mean we don't care, judgements are made on much more than one aspect of a vehicle by most drivers, these days.
You should drive whatever makes you happiest in net.

But, the Lexus IS, Caddy ATS, and Alfa Giulia all drive better.

Given the turn in their sales, some people are moving over I'd say.
I sat down in a new Cadillac ATS yesterday. Car is tiny inside, low roof, poor aft visibility, small back seat, claustrophobic. Interior assembly is decent but questionable materials abound and lots of hard plastic in areas where you expect soft touch goodness.

The CTS suffers from the same issues. Seats nothing to write home about.

Here is the problem with Cadillac: in their quest to pursue and beat the Germans at their game, they forgot who they are and where they came from. See Cadillacs once upon a time where luxurious, comfortable Luxo barges trimmed with the best materials and ladden with the latest automotive advances available at the time. Comfort and presence was the name of the game. Modern day Cadillacs are none of those things. Compromised interiors, so so reliability, horrible resale and cars that have an identity crisis. Most buyers in the segment would not be caught driving one and despite of offering segment leading handling and handling dynamics no one cares about them.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 2
Miko M6650.50
clee1982797.50