Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice03 View Post
well,seems that my z is suffering from several cabin noises, already
, so wonder how this is going to be in some months...

Also noticed this morning that left door is not well adjusted / aligned, almost have the impression that not properly closed..

guess still some adjustments to make in factory ...
I do have to agree ... my former Z4 35i (traded he in yesterday) did develop several cabin noises ... I did make sure my tool kit in the trunk was well wrapped in paper towels (each tool) to ensure noting would rattle etc.

Still as the weather got colder the noises increased I put it due to the roof mechanism being cold and shrinking and tolerated it.

The noises somehow were less of course once I changed to the winter wheel set that was not outfitted with RFT. Still here and then I heard what sounded like a cricket is living in my trunk then ruled that out with our cold temperatures.

Soon after starting there would be a bang like noise I heard from under the dash (might be also expansion of something after the cabin warmed up).

Anyway yesterday I drove her to the dealer (210 KM) with the stock 19 inch RFT back on as her shoes there were all kinds of rattles to be heard mostly after driving along some of the bad Toronto roads.

Then the drive home in my new M3 was without any noises at all

Bottom line, yes one can expect a rattle and or strange noise here and then from a car with a retractable hard top. When you think about it there are quite a lot of mechanical connections and fitting, some of them will change slightly with temperature changes. Not to worry the weather will change soon and all those strange noises will fade away.

I did read somewhere that some members had the dealer grease the links and fittings etc. and that did improve the noise issue. In my case the change in tires was a great help.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0