View Single Post
      12-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #76
Darbs330
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35i

5k+ Trouble free and FUN miles...

+ I have become a HUGE fan of the sport mode (rocker switch)
+ I love the responsiveness of the paddle shifters, when I choose to go "manual" (except when turning at an intersection at a stop; changing from 1st to 2nd can only be comfortably be done via the stick.)

Minor annoyances...
- Periodic window gremlins
(when raising all windows after closing top... sometimes one or both of the cabin windows will lower mysteriously - reported by many others, and was also an issue with my '04 330cic)
----------
Solution: simply raise the possessed window(s)... acting like it was supposed to do that (err... a "Safety Feature"... yeah, that's it.)

- Audio System/Ipod hiccup...
(when starting the car... sometimes the audio system will recognize the attached Ipod, playing the 1st track in its library, but not list any contents - and instead stay in a "Reading Device" mode)
----------
Solution: Unplug Ipod (usb) and plug in again.

- Seat Mechanism...
(No quick access to the, albeit, limited space behind the seats... forced to use seat motors - '04 330cic has quick release seat back and "fast forward/reverse" switch)
----------
Solution: Set one memory button to the full forward position for seat and back... it's still slow, but not quite as awkward.

- Stock RFT's (just not a fan)
----------
Solution: will replace... eventually...

2011 Z4 sDrive35i - Space Grey/Walnut/Ash Grain/DCT

2004 330ci Convertible - Oxford Green/Sand/Myrtle Wood
Appreciate 0