10-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #43
rmorin49
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335d/10 Z4 s30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Mmm interesting, it could just be the camera then. The packaging looks genuine to me too.

A bit OT, but I will never forget the time I bought some Gilette fusion blades from a seller on ebay with a high rep. EVERYTHING looked genuine. They even had the serial number imprinted on the blades. I couldn't tell the difference.

Then I went to use one - I received a lot of cuts. Strange I thought. I still perservered.

Then one day about a couple of weeks later I dropped the shaver in the shower (usually happens!) and when I went to pick it up, I found the ebay blade had snapped in half.

This got me REALLY suspicious so I did more research on the net and after a few hours I discovered the serial numbers were related to fake blades. The blades were cheap steel made in a chinese factory (apparently evidenced by the tiny random casting dots on the face of the blades). They were indeed 100% fake blades, packaging the whole works. I complained to Ebay, the seller and Paypal, eventually receiving a refund.
Yes, unfortunately the Chinese and a few other countries have learned how to copy just about every product. When I go to NYC, I love to go to Chinatown just to see all of the counterfeit products being sold. Everything from Rolex watches to Coach handbags. Buyer has to beware.
2011 335d BS/Oyster/PP/CWP/NAV/ipod/USB(Daily Driver) 30+ mpg(retired)
Appreciate 0