View Single Post
      10-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #94
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Silver-Bolt earlier I posted the comment to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
Silver-Bolt, I considered that as well. I know that older fuel pump designs pumped a constant amount of fuel regardless of engine output. For BMW to make the case you're suggesting they would have to prove the pump varies pressure based on demand, however, I don’t think that’s case. If the pump is a constant pressure then they don’t have a leg to stand on concerning the FMIC. We’d need to talk with a BMW mechanic to verify.
HerrK's information supports that the HPFP produces a constant pressure based on RPM. This is critical to Vintage's case because the failure of the pump has nothing to do with how much horsepower the engine is producing.

Therefore, he can say the FMIC did not cause the engine or the HPFP to operate outside it's normal range. The failure of the HPFP is a result of it own poor design
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Last edited by teagueAMX; 10-09-2010 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0