06-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #89
Roadstergal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
I'm startign to see some of the dissadvantages of the cheap prices you pay over in NA for luxury cars...
Cost cutting when servicing a BMW? Ouch!

Over here, we may have to pay an arm and a leg to buy the car, but if anything goes wrong we get given a loan car, the dealer has to keep stock of parts for 4 years after each model comes out, and the dealers compete with each other trying to make your buying and servicing / repair experiences more luxurious than each other.
Everythign from cafe meals and meeting rooms for work, to chaffuer services, depending on who you buy from and how which model you buy.
Lexus usually sets the bar, and BM & MErc keep up, then Toyota and Mazda (the big volume sellers) try to match it.
Well I am on my fourth BMW and I have always received exceptional service here in the US. I have also always been given a loaner car for even an oil change. The dealers I have dealt with also will pick up and deliver your car when it needs service. I never use this service due to the fact that I don't want anyone driving my cars. My dealer has all of the perks you mentioned.

When I just brought my car in for the rear fuel pump, they overnighted the part and fixed it right away.
E36 - 1998 Z3 2.8 (Red, black leather, wood trim)
Appreciate 0