05-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #30
riccis
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 30i Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinaustin View Post
riccis an ecu reset will do nothing for this issue. the best thing to do is have your dealer file a problem report with bmw engineering. if the person I spoke to was wrong, then the more people report the issue the greater likelyhood bmw will fix for us.
Mikeinaustin, maybe you're right and an ecu reset will do nothing to resolve the issue but if you don't try, then you don't know. Besides, my auto transmission was a little unresponsive so as far as I'm concerned no harm in trying.

I'll report it to the dealer when I next need to take the car in. It's only happened this once so far. Providing it doesn't happen too frequently then I probably won't bring it in to the dealer just to have this looked at and for them to tell me that there are no errors recorded and "can't find everything wrong".

I don't get the opportunity to drive in sports mode much as the better half gets a little nervous (no idea why) but as she's currently in the states for work as we Brits say, "When the cats away, the mouse will play." (the mouse being me ).
Appreciate 0