View Single Post
      05-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #39
cwliew
Private
Rep
Drives: Sdrive30i, M sports pack

Hi Alex! Did you drive an orange/yellow elise s1?
Anyway, yep, got rid of the lotus.

Went for the 30i instead as did not think an extra 20 grand would be worth it when upgrading to the 35i for not much in the way of extra low down speed. ie: the dash to 100 was not that different between the 2, and I thought I could live with going 5.6 secs anyway...Not really going to be a track car for me, so no concerned with the higher speeds. The 35is certainly does look the business - but I was happy with the 30i. I only test drove the 23i which I thought was underpowered for a sports car, but hey - its was still nice.

Went for:

Sapphire black
Black interior with carbon aluminium
M sports pack (+ 19 inch 326M)
Comfort access
Model designation deletion
Adaptive headlights
Hifi logic 7
Int and exterior mirrors with anti dazzle.

But thought that with a black car, the polished metal BMW performance wheels would look better than the 326M lighter silvers. No - they didn't mention much at the Adelaide BMW office. I did most of my discussion etc over email - only went in one day to test drive and get a feel for it...I am sure that they will be able to change them over to the 313's when I get the car. Expected delivery is sometime in august, sep, so no real hurry to decide!

Thanks Menphis and Bill for your posts. The comparison was terrific...I do think the 313's look better than the 326M's...but perhaps I need to see them fitted on the car. If there is no real price difference or weight difference, then I think I'd go the 313's.
Appreciate 0