Thread: +3 for the Z
View Single Post
      11-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
DKZTT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z 35i

+3 for the Z

I go to Houston and back to Austin almost every weekend and a 2.5 hour mundane drive has some thrills thrown in at a certain road that connects 71 to the north side of the tri-city area. People from the ATX should know what I am referring to.

Got a chance to run against a Honda CBR, I am not sure exact model but it certainly was not the 1000RR, I know better not to go up against anything like that. I was on the on-ramp and could see the bike fly by and soon I was side by side with him. We were rolling from 6 dimes and went to a buck sixty or more. Since Z speedo only goes to a buck 60, I am unsure how fast the earth was moving from under the Z, but I put so many bus lengths between the bike, I couldn't see it in the rearview mirror. Did 3 runs and everytime I put many buses between us. I know from a stop he could beat me hands down.

Exited the PL and talked to him a bit at the stop. Gave him props on having the balls to go beyond a buck 20.