View Single Post
      12-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #28
Faust
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Vauxhall Calibra, M3 (E46)

I am surprised by the reaction here. Im no fan of roadsters/covertibles but this is a thing of beauty, one of the most perfectly proportioned BMWs (in BMW design terms, long hood, short overhangs, long wheelbase, pushed back cabin, etc). I don't care about the interior trims, I like the interior as a general design and have you noticed that the HVAC panel is directly inspired by the CS concept, as well as Z8? Really I expected the CS to influence the design language of BMW a lot more but so far I have only seen traces of it in only two models, in the Z4 cabin and in the recently unveiled 4-Series Coupe Concept rear lights.

Of course one can argue the whole 6-series GC is a continuation of the CS idea but in purely stylistic terms I think only these two models have taken direct design cues from the CS. Which by the way I hope is revived as an 8-series, ultra luxury coupe, Gran Coupe and maybe convertible.

Oh, and a Z4M is a MUST. Being hard top one could say it is already a coupe so I don't mind that but it is really silly to have an X5M and not a Z4M.
Appreciate 0