04-25-2023, 05:59 PM   #2044
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
You must have never visited NYC or any other densely populated city. There is zero charging network, most ppl parked their cars on the street. The majority of buildings are extremely old and most ppl can’t afford a new car let alone an EV. Also there are MANY countries around the world where ICE cars will continue to dominate.

This rush to EVs is nothing but a political play due to lobbyists and creating a whole new industry to make lots of money.

EVs definitely have a purpose and should be a vital segment like “Convertible” but they should not be forced on people. Free market is the only way, whenever governments intervene then bad things happen.
I literally live 10 minutes from the lincoln tunnel and i used to work in NYC by the UES. I totally know how densely populated this area is.

The problem with the arguments you guys are having and i know you're trying your best to come up with any scenario to give you guys false reassurance that this transition will never work, is that you're judging results of TODAY.

EVERY SINGLE thing improves as each day passes. You can't get anything new because the day you get something, the next day there's an improvement of that version already happening. This is with anything. Cars, phones, tv's, housing, everything.

For some odd reason, you guys are scared of this so called 2035 ban that you must think, when we all say, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! It's 2035!!" that poof, magically all ICE cars disappear from the streets, any ICE cars at dealerships disappear and whatever ICE cars you have at your house are taken away by the feds.

That won't happen. If this ban is set in stone in 2035, you will have a gigantic used market to drool over.

Maybe by then all your favorite cars will be easily attainable because gas cars will be a thing of the past as EV's will have GREATLY improved by then, in terms of charging times, weight, performance and overall tech, that i bet almost everyone who have posted in this thread, would have an electric car. Maybe even more than 1.

I love EV and i love gas. If the ban is set in stone in 2035, i already have my forever ICE car(s) that i'll keep until i'm old and/or too bored to want to keep and i'll just drive my EV's until i die.

Let's go elon!