04-25-2023, 06:55 AM   #2032
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by akin67 View Post
But that would be like wishing to invest in horse carriages after the invention of the ICE vehicles. In 20+ years time who knows, maybe we will have nuclear or fusion powered vehicles that never need a recharge. We have to go with the flow and make the best of what is available to us. The charging issues will definitely improve over time. They will be quicker to charge and more convenient. But I am worried that the government, and utilities are not keeping up with the needed investments on the grid. I installed a whole-house generator as insurance against power disruptions. I think last year about 7 - 8% of vehicles sold in the US were electric. From here on every year that will increase. Is the grid capable of supporting this new demand? Plus on top of that trucks, busses etc. will make the same transition. Let's see how this evolves.
So, waiting to see how it evolves when one is looking at preserving his retirement funds, which are tied to the investment markets, because of a stupid idea like saving the planet from globalwarmingclimatechange is a bit concerning.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50