View Single Post
      10-19-2019, 12:02 PM   #157
Paolo B
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw z4 sdive30i

Robbi, I think I might have discovered the problem. I operated the roof several times today and watched the operation very closely. The roof seems to "stick" in the same two spots consistently. So, I stopped the operation at the points in which it sticks and compared the right side (where the problem is) to the left side. I examined the snap ties, to see if any of the ones on the right side are in different locations than the left side as this could possibly indicate an obstruction as you previously suggested. One seems to be in a different location however I don't believe that it is making a difference. Then, I noticed an orange coloured washer. It appears to be a lock washer and it is located at a joint. The one on the right side is very loose. I can move it easily with my finger. The one on the left side is tight. I believe the mechanism may be slipping at two points during the travel, possibly because of a broken or loose lock washer. Please look at the pictures that I have posted and let me know if you think this could be the problem and if so what do you believe would be the procedure to replace or tighten that.
Appreciate 0