Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I've got two blackburn carbon cages. I got them here...

http://www.treefortbikes.com/#navbar...22358139___553

Haven't ejected a bottle yet and i've got to admit they do look really nice.

It's your money and I certainly won't tell you how to spend it, but personally I don't know how I'd feel about shelling out the equivalent of 20% of the total cost of my new bike on a couple bottle cages. If I were you and just getting in to the sport, there is nothing a $9.00 cage from Walmart won't do that mine will. Just my $.02

you are definitely right about spending that much money on cages just hold a beverage. i will definitely pass on that one.

For me, it's just experience. I used to ride Mt. Bikes almost exclusively. Few weeks of thrashing around the woods makes you a pretty good mechanic. LOL. You either figure it out or you walk home.

I've gotta imagine that the situation would be worse on a road bike though where you could find yourself 20-30 miles away from home and have a breakdown.
that would suck ass big time. i know i would be pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
I've only been riding seriously for about two years, you pick things up quickly. Bikes aren't nearly as complicated to work on as cars, for instance. You can learn almost everything you need to know through youtube or other sites like the Park Tool website:

Park Tool

Doing a basic tune up isn't complicated. I usually just clean/degrease everything and then lube the chain. And if the gears need to be adjusted it's just a matter of adjusting cable tension and/or adjusting the limit screws. A nice stand might be on your wish list in the future if you really get into the sport. Taking the bike to the lbs for every repair can get expensive and time consuming. This is what I have:

Feedback Pro Elite
it sounds pretty eas i must say. and i am somewwhat mechanically inclined so i think i could handle it after the first 2 trips to the lbs
Appreciate 0