Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
You can find everything at your LBS, but it might be a tad more expensive.

The tune up is somethign that you will need at around the 100 mile mark (all new bikes need one). Essentially all of your shifter cables/brake cables will have stretched a bit from use and everything will need to be dialed back in. It should only take a few minutes to adjust everything. The 100 miles is just a average interval. In the weeks after you buy you might notice your bike making noises while shifting/not braking as effectively, etc. This signals that you need the tune-up. Might be only after 50 miles. *shrug*

which cages did you get? i wanna make sure i get some good ones. i read about 3 different reviews and people keep saying that some cages suck and what not. so what tools are usually necessary to do a tune up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
Your brake and shifter cables are going to stretch through use. Things will need to be adjusted afterwards. It's a simple procedure to adjust your own gears, something you should learn how to do, but have the shop do it in the beginning if you're not confident.

did you guys learn how to this these tune up from your lbs or is it years of experience with bikes?
Appreciate 0