View Single Post
      07-05-2023, 12:45 PM   #64
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
So...golf attire. Tomorrow I am making my fourth (!) trip to a well-known golf store in the area to find shorts and a shirt that: a. fit and b. don't look stupid.

What I have learned is:

- Size designations S, M, and L mean nothing
- quality, solid color (golf/polo) shirts are as rare as hen's teeth
- stupid patterned shirts that make a person look ridiculous are popular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastipotamus View Post
There are several companies which make good, solid-color short sleeve polos specifically designed for golfers - Nike, Puma, Under Armour, etc, and many of them have shorts to match. They can definitely be tougher to find at local stores, depending.

Also, it generally costs more, but you can often find passable (and sometimes even nice!) polos at the course in the pro shop. I like a good solid-color logo shirt, though it does feel a little silly sometimes to wear the shirt from the course you're playing right that second.
PGA Superstore has plenty of options that generally fit close to size. Specifically look for the Pebble Beach brand, they're made of that stretchy breathable fabric stuff, super comfy, not terribly expensive, and come in plain mono color options. I have several. They also pop up at Costco from time to time. I'm usually right in between a medium / large, depending on brand and fit, so I tend to go with the large size and deal with it being a tiny bit baggier than I'd like. IMO that's better than feeling restricted / constrained when playing.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
chassis6552.50