________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
Took the plunge; becoming a dad. Tips for a first timer?
Keep telling your better half she's beautiful, go to Dr. appointments with her, do the choirs more often. She'll be very emotional at times but again, just be there for her.

I'll assume you don't know the sex yet. Names picked out? Have to be very patient with her and your newborn. That is your world now. You don't have to be a helicopter dad, let your kid be a kid. Enjoy the moments from newborn until just before Kindergarten as those are the best times IMHO. My son is 14 and he used to be up our asses 24/7 and looking back, I miss those times.
This is amazing, thanks Gino.
Although already known, the tips around being "there for her" are always nice to hear over and over. It gets hard. We're in a situation right now where I feel I don't matter, and none of my feelings matter or are hard. I confess we've had fights and I didn't go to an ultrasound appointment because we weren't speaking. I just couldn't go "for her", and didn't think it mattered. Wish I too were heard and cared for… very hard to keep in touch with "you're in this for her and the baby", I'll keep trying, thanks for the encouragement. It really means a lot and resonates a lot with the time I'm going through right now.

Yes it is a boy; we've known the sex since 10 weeks and he's now 31. He clearly wanted to display such fact on the second ultrasound by proudly displaying a hard on that made even the technician laugh, so I know at least he's mine too… lol

Cheers!
Appreciate 0