02-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
I'll be traveling all over Thailand and parts of Cambodia in a few weeks and plan on bringing my Canon 6D with me everywhere. I'm a prime lens user so I'd like to limit the number of lenses I bring to 2 for weight reasons and to limit the number of times I need to change lenses. Changing lenses is never fun...

This will be the first time I fly with my camera gear, albeit the first time I fly overseas in almost 15 years. I want to make sure I capture this moment through lenses I will find applicable to most situations, but also capture rare shots at unique focal lengths to differentiate my shots from the regular traveler with a $1000 camera phone.

Ranked from most frequent scenes I will photograph to less frequent are: street, food, portraits, landscapes (skylines and beaches), architecture (temples!), nature.

My current lens inventory is:

35mm f/2 IS
40mm f/2.8 STM
50mm f/1.8 STM
85mm f/1.8
135mm f/2

I've seen the 35mm do the first 3 really well, but it is mediocre at landscapes and poor for architecture. For those times I want to take a fancier portrait without losing the setting/background entirely, I'm thinking the 85mm would serve well.

Any experiences or opinions you have to share will be greatly appreciated
Ill be going to thailand next month, id love to see the pictures and any advice you can give
Appreciate 1
TWiTCHY375.50