View Single Post
      09-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #19
tommylotto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW Z4 sDrive28i

I am not sure with your set-up. I am no expert. My car has the six speaker set-up. What I can report is that both installers told me that installing the Joying would require a complicated retrofit -- either rewiring the whole thing or installing a new amplifier. They were both telling me the amplifier is digital and yada, yada, yada, it will never work. However, once they installed the Joying with the German harness that I brought to them everything worked perfectly fine, including the stock speakers and stock amplifier.

Now, I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that the German harness somehow gets the audio signal properly from the head unit to the amplifier. So, it should not matter if you have a 6 speaker system or a 10 speaker system. Once the audio signal gets there, everything else is being handled by the amplifier. My amp would divide the signal 6 ways, yours 10. Like I said, I could be wrong. However, both my installers were definitely wrong. I'd insist that they try to install with just the harness to see if it works before I agree to anything more drastic.

Also, when ordering the harness, they ask you to send a picture of the Joying wiring diagram. Apparently, there are several wiring systems for the "no-name" Chinese head units. They need to know which wiring system your head unit uses to give you the right adaptor wire.
Appreciate 0