View Single Post
      07-11-2017, 03:56 PM   #104
jake169
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1981 View Post
Ohlins and KW are both excellent options. KWV3 vs Ohlins are both top notch quality and performance. Ohlins has a slight edge due to their patented valving system. But honestly its like comparing a 911 Turbo, to a 911 Turbo S. Can't go wrong either way.

I daily drive my car in Long Island and around NYC with spirited drives in Bear Mountain. My car is comfortable at all speeds, and confidence building. If you read my previous posts you can see my car is always evolving. At one point there was more power than the chassis could handle. High speed runs would feel a bit floaty and scary with stock struts and h&r springs.

The way my car sits today I feel confident at high speed runs. My commute has a few areas where I can cruise at 100, pass at 120. It feels like I'm doing 80. The other day I pulled away from an e92 M3 around 120-30. Yes, you read that right. Bq's e60 tune makes that very very easy, but thats another topic all together.

I love my suspension set up and highly recommend to everyone to, regardless of which coilover, follow through with the complimentary components. This combo will give you more stability and car control.

For anyone starting to mod just think of it this way...
More car control = more fun
More cooling = longer fun
More braking = safer fun
More breathing = more efficient fun
More power = is more giggles, but with out the above its all in vain.
I have the Ohlins and I can honestly say, it is a game changer. The car drives like a true sports car and is actually quite comfortable.
Appreciate 0