airwalk776
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylotto View Post
Thanks! Your video will prove to be a valuable resource if I ever decide to make the change to one of these units. I like the idea of adding an iDrive dial controller, and it looks to be better integrated with the BMW than my Joying android unit. Let us know when you get CarPlay up and running, because that is a deal breaker for me.
I'm glad it'll be of use

Carplay - Now if you buy the dongle from them then you shouldn't have a problem, but I thought I was being clever and bought a generic version from eBay, this may or may not be the problem I'm still investigating this issue. Also I'd previously installed a USB socket (as per attached photo) for charging my phone in a neat install within the glovebox, so I used this to connect the screen USB cable, so this could also be the problem, I now need to get back out to the car (when it's not raining) and take the glovebox out again and check all theories.
On a plus point I do have Android Auto working perfectly without a dongle. There's an app you can get from the Google Play store that mimics Android Auto and works as if it's the original, touchscreen and steering wheel control compatible as well As I'm and Android user this is a must for me, but my wife can also drive my Z and she is an Apple user so I need to have both working.
The flush mount extension cable you show on this post with the CarPlay dongle work ? That would be a clean install
Appreciate 0