View Single Post
      08-31-2016, 04:16 PM   #56
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTrunks523 View Post

Lack of respect between drivers will lead to problems with in-fighting in teams, future teammate issues, sponsor issues, and could cost him points. Intentional blocking for example. If I knew I was racing someone who was dirty, and wrecked me last week, and he was vying for a title, I would park it on a hot lap during quali, etc. Ignore blue flags and block him if he was trying to lap me. Do anything I could to stop him from winning. Especially if I wasn't in contention. "5 second penalty? Bahhh who cares. I ruined that guys year." I believe that saying that respect doesn't have anything to do with winning is completely wrong. You WILL LOSE without respect.

NASCAR (I know, I know) he would be in the wall every weekend if he pulled this kind of stuff.
Well, this isnt nascar now is it. And you write what you would do. As if the driver has all the power in the world. Its very simple, if your teamboss says let it slide and dont do anything stupid against that other driver or you make us look bad.... you dont do it. You seem to forget that F1 is a team sport.
There are dozens of cases of low respect between drivers in history. ever heard of prost and senna? They didnt gave eachother an inch and were willing to die for it so to speak.
And if you do all that, what do you think he'll do to you after that?
You havent put enough thought in this I think. You write this as if verstappen wanted to crash the other drivers. that's not the case.
So if you do something like that willingly, which you write here, there is only one who's loosing respect.....

To see how professionals go about this, look at how montoya once crashed in brazil...interesting connection in this case and how calm he was about that (and a lot of people here who speak with vengefulness feelings can learn a good lesson from this case). An error was made, thats it. And that was a really stupid error. but still not in the same league as doing something on purpose like you hint at. Now that is really unprofessional.
If those things happen at US nascar races, then that's clearly not at the same professional level as F1 racing. (I dont think I say something new here....)

Last edited by GuidoK; 08-31-2016 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0