03-04-2024, 05:31 PM   #43
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B21 View Post
Not acting as a mediator but looking at it from a design that is now nearly 20 years old..

As cars age the weaknesses / flaws steadily emerge..especially with use and time..

Every design has its issues..some are common to the manufacturer eg injectors gaskets, plastics cracking…somethings are type specific….eg adaptive dampers, roof system

The issue facing a non technically competent / able person is how to handle this..I use a network of Indy’s plus now with a decent garage and time quite a few jobs myself..

It is what it is..the problem is folks just don’t know , how can they know what could unfold..

It’s not helpful but it’s just an observation..FWIW

Personally I anticipate some problems with preemptive work, I have some spares ready to go.eg cam cover, spare injector, HPFP, switches and sensors for the roof..other things I take as they happen..eg my CIC just died..scrambling now to fix it..
Tx. I don't claim to be a gearhead, but if I can try to do something, I would. Even changing the rear led is a bit of a pita as you probably know but I was able to do that. However, whole roof mech is just insane and I doubt even any reg indy can tackle it so I would have work done at the dealer.

The engine is great, but the surrounding parts like the HPFP, LPFP, OFH, injectors, etc are not so good. The hydraulic pump is no stilts, so presumably they even anticipated water getting it, which is just crazy and just not a good design. I don't see how difficult it is to have a proper flow of water to keep separate from the electronics. Anyway...
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0