View Single Post
      02-14-2017, 08:06 AM   #20
SpikeMilligan
35is driver
Rep
Drives: 2012 S-drive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctperson View Post
I have noticed a strange phenomenon yesterday with my CA as well. Sometimes (not all the times, I should stress out), when the car is locked and I try to open the passenger door, the locks would unlock as I'm lifting the handle but then lock back right as I pull the door open. So far, it has happened more so on the passenger side than the driver side (almost 2:1 ratio). And repeating the process doesn't help either.... it unlocks when I pull up then locks right back when I pull the door open. Very strange.

After trying a few times persistently, I just resort to pressing the unlock button on the remote and it fixes the issue. I have no problems with the trunk or turning on the car so far, so it must be something with the door modules. I will have to take it to the dealer I guess... sigh
Just a guess (based on personal experience): You're right-handed (or left-handed and driving a U.K. car) and your little finger is brushing against the locking portion of the handle when you open the door. That's why it mostly happens on the passenger side and not the driver's side.
Appreciate 0