Rep
Drives: 2008 535xi / 2011 Z4 35Is

Garage List
2018 BMW X2  [0.00]
2008 535xi  [0.00]
2011 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthdawn View Post
Its probably completely unrelated but I had the same problem a couple months ago.
I kept getting a "Increase battery discharge message" This usually causes my comfort access to not work. Guess it sees it as I am low on battery so to conserve battery, they turn off some functions such as comfort access.

So I bought it to an independent shop and they said.

1.) My battery is like 5 years old and is just losing its charge
2.) The battery sensor was bad, dont remember what exactly the part was. It was giving an incorrect battery reading or something like that. No matter what my battery charge was, it read it as being low on battery.

I replaced the battery and that battery sensory. My comfort access was fixed then.

You are right on with this being a possibility. A weak battery will indeed result in non-vital systems being shut down.

I was recently reading another thread about key-fob remote having a very short range. This is a Diversity Antenna issue. Now the part I am skeptical about... A couple people said their CA worked better after they changed the Diversity Antenna. I am not convinced the Diversity Antenna has anything to do with CA... but then again I continue to learn something new about these cars all the time.
Appreciate 0