04-07-2021, 02:26 AM   #11
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_sojah View Post
Thanks KennyP and sorry for so many questions.

So if the Cobb AP reads the ecu just fine will it see the e89 and regognize it as an e89 model or display some other model?
Dont really remember, what cobb showed me... i think it wasnt exactly chassis and model name. i think it was ecu version, DME version or something. Like 8A0S or IJE0S. Something like that.
For me it displayed only one option. So just choose that and move forward with install...

If it doesnt recognize ecu like i talked about above... then it wont give you that DME version to choose and displays that its new type of DME and proceeds to download it so you can send it to Cobb. i had to do that. Then after update accessport recognized my ecu, displayed DME version to choose and after choosing it went forward with install.

You really cant go wrong or choose wrong ecu etc. Its does check things over so you cant really mess up.