headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
While you may lose weight when you sweat, it's not fat. And when you rehydrate yourself, the weight will come right back. This is why you see a lot of fighters wear a sauna suit the night before the fight, so they can make the weight. Easy way to lose weight, but it's not fat.

1 lb of fat is equal to 3,500 calories. This is pretty easy to burn off in a week, assuming you do 5 days a week, 700 calories per day.

The StairMaster is what I do when I'm bored and want to switch it up. I absolutely hate it because I suck at it. I don't know the brand/model that my gym uses. I usually try to go all out, usually at level 10-13 until I can't take it anymore and I lower it to 5-6 to regain my breath and repeat. I do notice the amount of calories burned is less than that of the treadmill and elliptical.
Thats exactly my point, when I am trying to sweat obviously Im only trying to lose water weight. And yes most of the times I am wearing a sauna suit. Its not very realistic that you lose 15lbs of body fat in 3 days, but Ill lose 15-20lbs of water pretty quick.

But the stairmaster isnt hard on your body so thats what makes it a good workout for me. I usually just finish up my practice with it so that I can keep my sweat rolling at a steady level of 14 or 15 for 20 minutes.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0