View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #56
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

What do you all think of the upcoming 992 911 GT3 Touring? Will the new Touring be street friendly? Or is a base 992 Turbo more street friendly? The odds of me getting a GT3 allocation may be slim and none since I'm not a previous Porsche customer, so my choice may be made for me.

I have thought about a new 2021 R8 RWD but coming from a M2 Competition, it doesn't seem that much faster. 0-60 is around 3.6 seconds, so not much faster than a M2. Plus I would be worried about buying an Audi, just read a negative review about the infotainment system on a 2020 R8 on Reddit.

Another thing I worry about an R8 is that it is very much a dead end car. Supposedly the R8 will be cancelled soon and any electric replacement won't be as impressive. Plus I'm sure the Porsche dealership experience will be better. In addition, once the four year warranty is over, the replacement cost of the v10 engine will be huge (probably around $40k or so). Again nothing else in Audi's lineup interests me so the R8 is kinda a dead end car once it gets cancelled.
Appreciate 0