United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
It goes to show how even the ‘worst’ F1 driver is still a great driver.

And adds to my hypothesis that at the top level, it’s 99% car/team, 1% driver. They’re all very good drivers. Pretty much any of them with a good car and team that fits their style can win. Conversely, at the club level, it’s 99% the driver.

Thanks for sharing that wonderful experience, Doc. I’m super jealous.
You're welcome. I managed to find some old videos about the event and believe me these videos are olde and grainy (15 years old) but they show some more details about what the experience was like.

I agree at the club level it's 99% driver - though money does help when it comes to being able to afford the best equipment. By this I mean even a wealthy driver with no talent or skills, quite often still drives slow in a fast car. The "Gentlemen drivers" so to speak.. think SVRA.. It stands for Some Very Rich Americans.. instead of the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association..

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint

Last edited by DrFerry; 06-27-2023 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60069.50
Dan B291.50