View Single Post
      02-07-2023, 10:52 AM   #18
saijin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
If your E90 is becoming a headache especially financially then it is time to move on. Don't pour money into a car that isn't worth much now. I speak from experience.

But I don't understand the rationale of getting a used G20 3-series now and switching into an 8-series next year? Either get the 8-series now or lease/buy used and keep that car 2-3 years. Best handling cars in that segment are the Giulia and 3-series. Not sure how the market is on the 3-series right now, but the Alfa you can likely score a good discount.
My e90 was starting to die during idle or when I try to make a turn at low RPM the last 5 months, and i used a $20 obd and it's telling me O2 sensors, then DMTL pump, then camshaft.... it was a guessing game and I was getting really tired of the crap. PLus I have to travel far and uphill this year a lot so I thought maybe it's time to just let it go.

Basically it was an emotional exhaustion dealing with the random dieing.
And I thought maybe get the 3 series for now.

But I got an expensive autel scanner and I replaced the crankshaft sensor 3 days ago and so far so good. So now I can wait till end of the year or when prices plummet and just get a used 2019 840xi

That was my rationale
Appreciate 0