View Single Post
      01-31-2023, 11:22 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
I just checked AMICA in the last couple of weeks. I’ve always heard they were almost as good for customer service and satisfaction as USAA. Even with the BMW CCA discount AMICA was not competitive for me at all. I’ve had USAA for just under thirty years and I have never been able to find anyone who could beat them. Until now. For me in Illinois USAA’s rates have been steady increasing. I almost left last year, but even though I was able to find a somewhat lower rate it wasn’t enough for me to give up my long relationship with USAA. This year it is. I’ll be leaving USAA for State Farm in the next month. At my February auto insurance renewal with USAA my six month premium is set to increase by more than $100. So, a $200+ annual rate increase. Between homeowner’s and auto State Farm will save me over $700/year. I had State Farm before I was eligible to join USAA, so I’m pretty comfortable going back to them. But, I’m still sad/disappointed to have to leave USAA. And, frankly, I’m still shocked that USAA has priced itself out of its market advantage.

Also, my 2022 Subscriber’s Savings Account (unique to USAA) distribution was about 1/4 of what it had been being. I’ll be cashing out my SSA balance that has been accumulating all these years and that’s a nice chunk of change that members don’t normally have access to.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 01-31-2023 at 11:29 PM..
Appreciate 0