View Single Post
      02-19-2021, 11:12 AM   #20
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

This post reads more like "why I shouldn't get an EV."

Don't.

If you don't like EVs and don't want one, no one is going to force you into buying one unless you live in CA 10 years from now. And frankly, no one is going to force you to live in CA. Believe you me.

IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.

But just because it's not for you, there's no need to try and convince anyone else it's not for them either. Guys. The revolution is here, and it's here faster than you realize. I made a post back in the mid 2000s proclaiming that everyone that says the manual transmission is dead is dead wrong, because people have been proclaiming the manual transmission to be dead for over 50 years. Fast forward 10 years, the manual transmission is DEAD.

While you may pry the keys (yes the MZ4 Coupe still has physical keys) out my dead fingers for both of my ICE cars, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that my current EV isn't superior in 90% of what I'd use a car for compared to any ICE I've ever owned in the past. I just need the 335D to cover the 5% of time I use it for LOOOOOOONG trips, and the MZ4 Coupe to cover the other 5% when I want to drive 9/10th on a race track.

But this is definitely one of those cases where I fully expect EVs to be a majority of vehicle sold within 15 years. Because all the market forces that are moving are all moving in EV's direction. Governmental pressure, environmental pressure, performance, pricing, and speed of improvement are all in EV's court.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0