06-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhhaney View Post
I have a 2010 30i with 14K mi in need of new tires. Was thinking of COSTCO. Anyone care to comment about their installation experience using COSTCO tire centers and TPMs. I am new to TPMs. Can COSTCO do the work without triggering some other failure that would cause me to have to take the car back to the dealership for some kind of fault light that would require a computer/software reset? I am not real happy with dealer service and would prefer not to have to take car to them for tires since I think I can get tires cheaper and with better service other places. I will probably go with RFTs from Michelin but am willing to hear any pros and cons. Thanks...
I wouldn't let anyone in a store like Costco install tires on your car, especially RFT's. These tires are difficult to install due to their stiffness and low profile. they'll get the tire on, but I wouldn't risk them damaging your wheel. If you don't like the dealer, find a reputable independent mechanic who does a lot of work on German car.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0