upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I wish you were close enough so that I could have you service my pit bike. The shifter needs to be lowered. Basically I have to flex my left foot all the way even to shift it. Plus a lot of owners of the Apollo X 18 switch carburetors out and get a lot more performance.Nobody around here wants to work on a Chinese bike
That sucks, the Chinese bikes are pretty much copies of the Hondas and Suzukis. I'd bet you could swap the carburetor yourself. If you find out what jet size the carburetor is you can get the next size up mini-drill bit and open the jet up a bit to get more fuel. They are usually jetted really lean from the factory for emissions.

On the Predator and Honda GX engines they sell new jets online you can put into the carburetor that do the same thing. I needed one for the bike I built for my friend's son otherwise it would surge a bit. The Coleman in your pic has more aftermarket support though. You can build one of those out to ~13hp which is actually a bit scary to ride.
The Coleman is really built for flat dirt trails. However my boys treat it like they were in Supercross. Both fenders fell off and the brake handle broke so there was no brakes.
Appreciate 1