View Single Post
      03-15-2024, 05:25 PM   #1
hantigg
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

E89 23i Steering Issues

Hey everyone,

I've been having some strange issues with the electric steering in my E89. For the past four years of ownership, I've mostly dealt with heavy steering, making parking and city driving a bit of a hassle. However, it felt solid and stable on twisty roads and also very predictable.

A few months ago, I replaced the battery (myself, without knowing I should have an alternative electricity source during the process, therefore I completely cut the electric power when replaced), and suddenly the steering felt lighter and more responsive but more artificial. But this effect didn't last long, and it went back to feeling heavy again.

Recently, I replaced my ignition coils and got a new set of tires and rims, and once again, the steering feel changed completely.
(first start with new ignition coils, the engine was not running smoothly, and while on, I removed each ignition one by one to see which was not properly connected, I am wondering if that could have affected somehow the electric components, as the engine was running )

While it's now much easier to handle for daily driving, it feels disconnected and unpredictable during aggressive driving. I'm trying to figure out what's causing this inconsistency. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

I want back my precise steering feel

Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by hantigg; 03-15-2024 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0