vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
The Facebook webpage only showed me what it knows. It had to get that info from some other source. So it comes down to Outlook (or some Outlook file) being readable by FB, or our conversation contained a keyword that FB picked up through some app on one of the iPhones.
I assume that:

1) Your Farcebook account contains your work email address

2) You have a Kanopy account that was created using your work email address

From the HTML of the main Kanopy page:

Code:
<p class="body transition hidden">Getting started is easy! <a href="/signup">Click here</a> to find your library and enter your library card information or university login when prompted. Follow the simple instructions to create your Kanopy account using your email address or Farcebook/Google login and then start watching.</p>
The missing link is probably a remote image in the Kanopy email, showing that you opened it so that Kanopy can report it to FB for further ad-targeting. Remember the DotCom adage that if you can't figure out what they are selling to make money, then YOU are their product.

Regarding the video series suggestion, they are probably advertising their most popular offering trying to draw in more victims, er, I mean customers.

If you want my $0.02, ditch Farcebook, install a Pi-Hole on your home network to block traffic to *every* social media CDN, and disable automatic image download in your email client software.....