View Single Post
      04-02-2020, 06:55 AM   #46
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Wifey and I were discussing increasing our support of the local food bank tonight. Strictly a verbal conversation between us just an hour or so ago. Now she's getting FB ads for "Feed America." That f**king FB app on her phone is listening to us. I hate FB. As I've said in an another thread, I really need to dump FB. I'll have to do some serious 'splaining to friends and family first, though. And Wifey is less likely to give it up, so it'll still be on her phone listening to us.

Hey Zuckerberg! F**k you!!!
This is a very common occurrence... And yet people still feed the troll (Zuck)... Simply amazing.

Well, if you want to "limit" exposure, there are ways ...

First is having a phone (unlocked) not supplied by your carrier that's preloaded with garbage you cannot delete from the phone.

Second, get a VPN...

Third, make sure FB app is not installed as it has a few programs always running. You can surmise then what they're doing by your experiences already.

Fourth, access FB only through a web browser, one that has some ability to control your online interactions, such as cookie delete, or even ad blocking and the ability to load add_ons or extensions. This will allow even more control. Not sure which is the best, you'll have to see which you prefer.

Lastly, make sure you go into the settings deeply on FB and turn all tracking, advertising, etc., "OFF"...

Good luck lol...
Appreciate 3
N54Yankee2707.00
vreihen1615283.00
lab_rat394.50