View Single Post
      08-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #163
Bstears
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Z4 35I

So an update to the sound: after spending a week in the z4 l, I can tell you the bavsound stage 1 speaker upgrade made the sound significantly better. It's much clearer, and again, with the factory amp still. I highly recommend them. The ghost woofers were a lot of work to install, and although better, probably not worth the expense or work. I do want to add an 8" or 10" woofer to that space between the back seasts and behind the center console. There is a square indentation of about a foot by a foot in the wall behind the seats and in front of the trunk that exists for those that have the pass through option. I don't have that option, but I think it would be an excellent space for a nice subwoofer. With that addition, the sound system would be very good. What do you all think about open air subwoofers, where they are just mounted to the frame without an enclosure. Is the trunk small enough to act like an enclosure? I know a lot of factory subwoofers on the rear deck are open without an enclosure. It would make installation very easy and take up minimal space. Probably wouldn't sound as good as enclosed, but maybe if the trunk wad lined with sound insulation? The volume would also change depending on if the roof was up or down. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0