09-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #99
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Nice, seems like you definitely made the most of the trip! Which BBQ place was your favorite? I have to say mine is Q39, hands down.
Joes @ the gas station location was our favorite followed by q39, gates and Arthur Bryant should be shut down (dirty place) yes I know bbq places are suppose to be a little grimy but they just do not clean properly imo, staff needs retraining

I'm a contractor, Restaurants are my number 1 customer, I see hundreds a year behind the scenes, AB and Gates should be shut down by the board of health, 10 worst I've seen, other places do food prep the right way, crazy because both are making multi million dollars a year, very little reinvestment on location and staff.

Q and joes both were night and day difference, food prep was neat no cross contamination and properly handled, small example joes wraps the full rack of ribs in plastic so the precious cargo will not dry out but gates leaves them on the counter in a pile, 1 order @ joes looks sexy but the ribs @ gates looks like it past it's prime

Warm and generally really nice people in KC metro area including Overland Park/Lenexa KS.

I still smell like smoked brisket day(s) later... isn't a bad thing
Appreciate 0