01-22-2022, 08:41 PM   #38
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
YEP!!! As I mentioned above, ASV does away with all that. As long as you are breathing normally, it is about as unnoticeable as if you did not have a machine at all. Only when you miss an inhale does it ramp up, pushing the air in so that you breathe. First "C" in CPAP stands for continuous, A in ASV stands for adaptive. It really is absolutely 100% night and day difference between the 2 machines.

This is a screenshot of my last 7 days of sleep. In the details of this 7 day run, there is a grand total of 1 apnea event for the entire week. When diagnosed, I was about 45 events/hour, or over 7 days with an average of 7 hours of sack time per night, that's 2205/week. Down to 1. Some weeks are better than others, and I'm not trying to come across as some fanboi of ASV, but it has absolutely changed my life. It is right there with getting married, having kids, and LASIK in the running for the most important changes I have ever made. I urge you to seek out any and all treatments, and if they don't work for you, find a doc that will test you with an ASV machine.
Fancy! My machine doesn’t tell me shit. I’ve been waiting since Nov for a new machine my doctor ordered. Will have to find out if it’s one of these… I have a feeling not. However for me it’s more about just having the thing strapped to my face that bothers me. The air not so much. Mine is not fancy at all, but it does drastically reduce the airflow or pressure when you exhale so you are not fighting the wind, but I think that’s about all it does.
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8828.50