View Single Post
      01-21-2022, 09:37 AM   #24
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
I checked in to Inspire, but my apnea is central. Not caused by anything but my brain not remembering to breathe. I am not a candidate. That said, I don't even take a nap without my machine strapped on. Nose cone only, not full face. I love that thing. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago. Mine is an ASV (ResMed Aircurve 10) machine that learns my breathing, and essentially a smart Bi-PAP. Breathing in and out is different pressures. Seriously, best part of my day is when I strap it on. Most nights, a couple minutes into laying down and getting comfortable, I am out for the count. I tried a conventional CPAP when originally tested, but it was horrible. Felt like I stuck my head out the window at 100mph with no relief from the pressure. ASV does away with all that. If you can test with one, do it! For the first few weeks I had it, my wife kept waking me up because I was so quiet she thought I was dead. I seriously believe that my machine saved my life. I don't go anywhere without it. HTH.
You hit the nail on the head, sticking your head out a window doing 100mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
After dad died, mom told me that dad would wake multiple times every night, gasping for air. His heart never got decent rest, plus it was shorted adequate oxygen. Thinking back (dad has been gone for 40 years), dad started complaining of fatigue about 5 years before he passed away. So, he started working shorter days at our mom and pop TV store. Then he started giving me shirts that didn't fit him anymore. This didn't make sense to me at first, and I didn't think much of it at the time. The fact of the matter was that his chest was expanding to accommodate his enlarging heart. None of us recognized the symptoms, which all seem so obvious today.
Oh god....your story has me opening my eyes more than any doctor has.
Ughhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
I treat OSA patients with oral appliance therapy. If you have any questions feel free to DM me. You can check out my website www.lanesleepsolutions.com
Oral piece was ideally what I had hoped for. Ill be looking at this over the weekend.
Appreciate 0