View Single Post
      07-30-2021, 09:20 AM   #13
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Not anymore. My eldest son decided he wanted to learn how to skate around 10-12 years ago. For his birthday I got him an element board, indy trucks and I forget what urethane's I put on it. Taught him the basics, and of course in between me showing him foot placement/balance, I bust out a few ollies, kick-flips, pop shove-it's etc. He was amazed that his dad could do this stuff. Fast forward a few weeks, we were having a small skate session, which resulted in me landing on the back of my head. I was concuss and was out most of the remainder of the weekend. And that was the last time I stepped foot on a skateboard.

When I was younger, I remember going to several skateparks to watch some pro's. I remember seeing Bod Boyle and Christian Hosoi, who skated for Santa Cruz at the time. Powell-Peralta did a tour when I was younger and got to see Steve Caballero, Bucky Lasek (I think he was 13 at the time), Frankie Hill and Mike McGill. Tony Hawk was supposed to have been there, but missed due to an injury. Seems like I remember seeing an H-Street crew demo around the time that Shackle Me Not was released.

I truly enjoyed skating and the life-style back then, but now....that concrete feels much different after a face plant. My right knee is still trashed to this day, from the damage taken over the years of driving it into concrete and wooden ramps.
yeah, as i got older, i realized that all these injuries i was piling up from skating/snowboarding were starting to feel worse and worse. havent done either after my last big crash snowboarding 12 years ago. Something about waking up at the bottom of the landing ramp, blood everywhere and not knowing where you are that changes you

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
ASAP10128.00
King Rudi13154.00