03-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #146
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I'm looking for a 4th in a cycle with the overhead bar. I do back/bi, so generally a cycle (either of 1 or four if I can) back, then bi, then come back to back. I do adjust the plane between cycles, just as I move around the grip within each cycle.

I'm looking for that fourth with the overhead cable, so I don't have to move around and/or wait for someone else.

I don't even consider myself very large in the legs, and I still have issues with pants that might fit my waist, but then I can't even get the pants to my waist. I think it's a plot to make us all wear skinny jeans

Didn't you mention you do straight arm pull-downs?

Here's a variation that you could add in. Do the same exercise, but facing the pulley system backwards. Position your body like you are "draped" over a barrel slightly....kind of in a convex position, and then do the pull-downs from behind your head.

This simulates a pull-over movement whether it be a dumbbell pull-over...or something like a machine pull-over.

Plus on the back side, you can get a very extreme stretch in your intercostals and serattus muscles.