02-14-2018, 09:12 PM   #22
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
This is a very personal decision. Your parents want you to enjoy life. That's what all parents want for their kids. But you have to ask yourself, will you be able to enjoy yourself on the trip depending on what your father's situation turns out to be? Not to persuade you one way or another, my father passed a long time ago at a some what early age and with me being in my late 20's. There are things I regret I didn't do to this day.
Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about your father. I can't imagine what it would have been like for me to reach each milestone in my life without him by my side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
How long ago was the hernia surgery? If there is some residual from the hernia surgery being picked up on the CT scan, don't be freaked out if it might trigger a false positive on the PET scan...especially if the area is still irritated or inflamed.

Also, if you happen to want to take a look at the scan images, don't be alarmed if you see the brain, kidneys, and bladder light up like the sun. It's normal for those areas to light up.
His hernia surgery was almost 30 years ago so any irritation or inflammation is unlikely I would think, but I have heard scar tissue is denser and therefore is highlighted as an abnormality in CT scans.

EDIT: I want to thank everyone for their support and especially zx10guy for the advice. We received the results of the PET scan this afternoon and it confirmed metastases to the peritoneal, liver, right lung, and identified a lesion in his left arm. There was mention of lymph nodes also being affected. We are absolutely devastated to hear the news and likely will not be seeking a 2nd opinion.

Last edited by TWiTCHY; 02-15-2018 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 0