View Single Post
      11-16-2016, 09:45 AM   #67
geek
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

Instead of just running at 7-8 mph for 10 mins, I've started an HIIT routine and definitely feel a difference after my workout. I'll full on sprint for a minute, then speed walk for a minute, and keep doing that for like 5-6 cycles. I lift before Cardio but don't do as many sets...maybe 2-3 instead of 3-4. My workout doesn't take any longer, but boy is it more intense.
I've found this works in lifting too. When I was in college, I was a powerlifter and actually won a few meets. Training involved a lot of heavy lifting and a LOT of rest between sets and between heavy days. I was really lean (3.7%, hydrostatic weighing). Work hard for a few seconds, sit on my ass for 5-10 minutes, get stronger and leaner. It was like a miracle.

We did heavy squats, bench, & deads once a week; even our 21 year old bodies couldn't take any more than that. For the other 167 hours, they were burning calories repairing themselves.

Look at Usain Bolt (or any other sprinter). They look a lot better than distance runners, and it ain't because they do more cardio.

Good luck and keep working hard, in the gym and in school.
Appreciate 0