View Single Post
      05-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #84
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

With that lawn, you can get away with homeowner grade equipment. If you want a zero turn, which I think is a bit overkill for your yard. I'd get the Cub Cadet zero turn with a steering wheel. Commercial-grade zero turns with levers are difficult to learn how to use and don't have brakes. And if you don't pick up the knack how to actually zero-turn, you'll constantly tear up the grass, because you are the "differential" and have to learn the technique to get one wheel rotating in reverse while the other in forward. The Cub with the steering wheel takes the guesswork out of it. Zero-turns can cut crass much faster because they turn around much faster than a riding tractor. Plus zero-turns let you cross cut the grass to get a better even cut, which prevents the grass from getting a "memory" from cutting it in the same direction every time.

From your questions, it sounds like you've never lived in a home with a yard. So as someone said earlier, if you don't find it therapeutic to cut grass, and see it as a time-consuming chore, hire someone. Also, yard equipment takes quite a bit of maintenance, cleaning, lubing, engine tune-ups, oil changes, winter storage, and blade sharpening, so if you are not into turning wrenches, hire a lawn maintenance company.

My 2 cents. I have 4 acres of yard to care for and 13 pieces of petrol-power lawn equipment including a diesel small-frame farm tractor and a Ferris zero-turn (someone mentioned Ferris).

Now, if you are into having a yard mower with independent coil-over suspension, get a Ferris.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0