06-17-2021, 12:08 PM   #553
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I don't think taking a paycut is the 'ultimate act of humility' (I can think of some other acts that trump that)

And also it's probably not just a paycut. Something will be given in return (privileges)

HAM is not the posterboy for humility. For example when he tried to sue that watchcompany because it's also named Hamilton but was in business for about 100 years even before HAM was born. For me that's more a sign of severe megalomania.
Obviously the judge wasn't impressed and waved HAM goodbye...
I’m actually disgusted by a lot of his actions but often times I feel as though I’m one of very few voices of reason in here. I don’t care for max or ham’s attitude and life choices. Sure, maybe ultimate act is extreme in all of life, but in the work place it sure seems up there. I wouldn’t focus so much on pedantically trying to vie an argument as I would look at it through your lens and apply to you. No one wants a paycut period. Now, it hasn’t happened and is at this point speculation, so time will truly tell if he deserves any credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
OK, I officially don't get it!!!!

First, I'm not attacking HAM or saying MB is forcing him to take a pay cut!!! I'm saying it's a rumored option. It's his decision and I wouldn't fault him whichever path he takes.

Second, why is it dehumanizing to say someone with generational wealth has more options?

Lastly, please stop making assumptions about me because I'm not a HAM fan.
Others have made assumptions and it’s been obvious, I have not. Different opinions are not assumptions. That said, as stated above, if it happens and you so choose to think so flippantly about sacrifice, I’ll give you my bank routing number and you can redirect the same percentage of your retirement fixed income to me. Let’s hear the song you sing then.
Appreciate 0