View Single Post
      03-21-2021, 08:39 PM   #377
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Well after many years of taking a beating out in the wild while running to Home Depot, the Beach, and the grocery store all the while enduring $4 car washes at the gas station and $20 oil changes etc etc...taking the abuse and never asking anything in return....our beloved 2003 Mazda Protege beater finally met its' match today at the hands of a Toyota Truck (nice truck by the way and equally nice owner - who just happened to make a mistake). The Mazda was basically the automotive equivalent of the tree in the giving tree (look it up if you don't understand the reference)

The family thanks you Mazda Protege....in the end you once again took one for the team as the BMWs sat safely in the garage. And for that we will always remember you and eternally be in your debt.

A fighter to the end we were able to drive her home with glass all over the cabin (sunglasses on so as to not get glass in our eyes as we drove 15mph towards home with hazards on) and the smell of coolant in the air but I'm sure with this amount of damage insurance will determine this will be her final chapter and pull the plug. Fortunately with only 91,000 miles on the clock (after 18 years) her organs are in wonderful shape and I'm confident will be donated to another Protege in need....so she will live on

RIP 2003 Mazda Protege beater
Attached Images

Last edited by chenry; 03-21-2021 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 7
stein_325i25083.00
AlexFL7836.00
W///7485.00
clutchdj1877.00
shay2nak1070.00