View Single Post
      02-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #10
E89_77
Rep
Drives: 2015 z4 sDrive35i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deljus View Post
This is not actually true. I looked into Dinan as well before I started modding my car. I e-mailed them about the upgraded oil cooler and intercooler, because they originally listed it as a requirement for the Z4. Here is the response I got from them:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I could have sworn I fixed that entry long ago but apparently not…

The Z4 stage 3 does not require those 2 pieces. A poor job of cutting and pasting can be blamed.

The same stage 3 software is shared with like engines but with slightly different requirements given the engines and body stylings. On the 335i as an example most of the cars did not come with ANY oil cooler and a subpar stock intercooler which is why for that platform those 2 additional pieces were required. In the Z4’s case they came with a stock oil cooler and given the flow characteristics the stock intercooler actual was efficient enough not to NEED to be replaced. Dinan never made those 2 parts for the Z4 because we didn’t see the need to do so."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So no, Stage 3 doesn't require any additional mods over Stage 2, for the Z4. But of course if you have any other questions/concerns about their product you should contact them directly. They are very quick to reply.
Thanks deljus, this is good to know. In that case I'll definitely go with stage 3
Appreciate 0